Data protection is a particularly high business priority for Dr. Weichert - Life Sciences Consulting. Our Internet pages can be used without any indication of personal data; however, if you as the data subject would like to obtain certain services, processing of personal data could become necessary. If this is the case, and there is no statutory basis for such processing, we generally obtain consent from you.
The processing of personal data, such as the name, address, e-mail address, or telephone number of a data subject shall always be in line with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), and in accordance with the country-specific data protection regulations applicable to our organisation. With this data protection declaration, we would like to inform you of the nature, scope, and purpose of the personal data we collect, use and process. Furthermore, you are informed of the rights to which you are entitled.
1. Name and Address of the controller
Controller for the purposes of the GDPR, other data protection laws applicable in Member states of the European Union and other provisions related to data protection is:
Dr. Weichert – Life Sciences Consulting
2. Capture of general data and information
With each call-up of our website a series of general data and information is captured which is stored in the server log files. Captured may be (1) the IP address and (2) the Internet provider of the accessing system, (3) the browser type and (4) the operating system deployed, (5) the website from which an accessing system reaches our website (so-called referrers) (6) the sub-websites, (7) the date and time, and (8) data and information that may be useful in the event of attacks on our IT systems.
When using this general data and information, we do not draw any conclusions about the data subject. Rather, this information is needed to (1) deliver the content of our website correctly, (2) ensure the long-term viability of our systems and website technology, and (3) provide law enforcement authorities with the information necessary for criminal prosecution in case of a cyber-attack. The anonymous data of the server log files are stored separately from all personal data.
3. Possibility of contact
Due to legal regulations the website contains information that enables a quick electronic contact with us. If you contact us by e-mail the personal data transmitted are stored for the purpose of processing or contacting you, there is no transfer to third parties.
4. Routine erasure and blocking of personal data
Our organisation shall process and store your data only for the period necessary to achieve the purpose of storage, or as far as this is granted by the European legislator or other legislators in laws or regulations to which our organisation is subject to.
If the storage purpose is dropped, or if a storage period prescribed by the European legislator or another competent legislator expires, the personal data are routinely blocked or erased in accordance with legal requirements.
5. Your rights as the data subject
a) Right of confirmation
You shall have the right to obtain from us confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning you are being processed.
b) Right of inquiry
You shall have the right to obtain from us free information about your personal data stored at any time and a copy of this information. Furthermore, you will be informed about the following information:
- the processing purpose
- the categories of personal data being processed
- the recipients or categories of recipients to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed, in particular recipients in third countries
- where possible, the envisaged period for which the personal data will be stored, or, if not possible, the criteria used to determine that period
- the existence of the right to request rectification or erasure of personal data, or restriction of processing of your personal data, or to object to such processing
- the existence of the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
- any available information as to the source of the personal data in case they are not collected from you
c) Right to correct
You shall have the right to obtain without undue delay the correction of inaccurate personal data concerning you. Furthermore, you shall have the right to have incomplete personal data completed, including by means of providing a supplementary statement.
d) Right to delete
You shall have the right of deletion of your personal data without undue delay, where one of the following reasons applies, as long as the processing is not necessary:
- The data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected.
- You withdraw consent to which the processing is based according to Article 6(1)(a), or Article 9(2)(a) of the GDPR, and where there is no other legal ground for the processing.
- You object to the processing pursuant to Article 21(1) of the GDPR and there are no overriding legitimate reasons for the processing, or you object to the processing pursuant to Article 21(2) of the GDPR.
- The data have been unlawfully processed.
- The data are to be deleted for compliance with a legal obligation of effective law to which our organisation is subject.
e) Right of restriction of processing
You shall have the right to obtain restriction of processing the personal data where one of the following prerequisites applies:
- The accuracy of the data is contested by you, for a period enabling us to verify the accuracy.
- The processing is unlawful, you oppose to the deletion of the data and you request the restriction of their use instead.
- We no longer need the data for the purpose of processing, but they are required by you for the enforcement, exercise or defence of legal claims.
- You have objected to processing pursuant to Article 21(1) of the GDPR pending the verification whether the legitimate reasons of our organisation override those of you.
f) Right to data portability
You shall have the right to receive your personal data which you provided, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
Furthermore, in exercising your right to data portability pursuant to Article 20(1) of the GDPR, you shall have the right to have personal data transmitted directly from us to another controller, where technically feasible and when doing so does not adversely affect the rights and freedom of others.
g) Right to object
You shall have the right to object, on reasons relating to your particular situation, at any time, to the processing of your personal data, which is based on Article 6(1)(e) or (f) of the GDPR.
We shall no longer process this data in the event of the objection, unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate reasons for the processing, which override your interests, rights and freedom, or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
Furthermore, you have the right, on reasons relating to your particular situation, to object to processing of your personal data for scientific or historical research purposes by us, or for statistical purposes pursuant to Article 89(1) of the GDPR, unless the processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out for reasons of public interest.
h) Right to withdraw data protection consent
You shall have the right to withdraw your consent to processing of your personal data at any time.
If you as the data subject wish to exercise the above mentioned rights, you may contact Dr. Weichert – Life Sciences Consulting at any time .
6. Data protection for applications
We collect and process the personal data of applicants for the purpose of processing the application. The processing may also be carried out electronically. This is the case, in particular, if an applicant submits corresponding application documents by e-mail to us. If we conclude an employment contract with an applicant, the submitted data will be stored for the purpose of processing the employment relationship in compliance with legal requirements. If no employment results with the applicant, the application documents shall be automatically deleted two months after notification of the refusal decision, provided that no other legitimate interests of us are opposed to the deletion.
7. Legal basis for the processing
Art. 6(1)(a) GDPR serves as the legal basis for processing operations for which we obtain consent for a specific processing purpose. If the processing of personal data is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are party, as is the case, for example, when processing operations are necessary for providing our services, the processing is based on Article 6(1)(b) GDPR. The same applies to such processing operations which are necessary for carrying out pre-contractual measures, for example in the case of inquiries concerning our services. Is our company subject to a legal obligation by which processing of personal data is required, such as for the fulfillment of tax obligations, the processing is based on Art. 6(1)(c) GDPR.
8. Time period for which personal data will be stored
The criteria used to determine the period of storage of personal data is the respective statutory retention period. After expiration of that period, the corresponding data is routinely deleted, as long as it is no longer necessary for the fulfillment of the contract or the initiation of a contract.
9. Provision of personal data as statutory or contractual requirement
We clarify that the data provision is partly required by law (e.g. tax regulations) or can also result from contractual provisions (e.g. information on the contractual partner). The non-provision of personal data would have the consequence that the contract with the data subject could not be concluded.
10. Automated decision-making
As a responsible organisation, we do not use automatic decision-making or profiling.
Diese Datenschutzerklärung wurde auf Basis des Datenschutzerklärungs-Generator der DGD Deutsche Gesellschaft für Datenschutz GmbH, die als externer Datenschutzbeauftragter tätig ist, in Kooperation mit dem Datenschutz-Anwalt Christian Solmecke, erstellt.